Parasites are organisms adapted to adverse conditions that can live in any part of the human body. Arrange special treatment for parasites on the hair, in case the parasites live on the head. Moreover, these creatures live in all internal organs, on the scalp and under the skin. This article will focus on the types, symptoms, treatment, prevention of parasites in the human head.
Types of parasites and symptoms of hair
There are a whole class of organisms that parasitize human hair. Their food components are human tissues, namely skin, sebum, blood. Eating tissues, parasites make themselves feel itchy, headaches, hair loss and the onset of discomfort. Such parasites are difficult to detect, they are very dangerous to human health.
Pediculosis or, in other words, lice is known to every parent and every child. The main risk group is school-age children. The main danger of fleas is invisible to the naked eye. They look like small insects that can disguise themselves under a light human scalp, due to their pale body color. Nits are flea eggs that attach strongly to the roots of the hair, making them often difficult to get rid of. Nits contain larvae. Fleas can run fast, spread through direct contact of people, by touching their heads, with hats or clothing. Bites are left, and they feel most comfortable on the temples and on the back of one’s head.
Fleas are omnivorous parasites
Fleas are former carriers of plague and typhoid. Often inhabitant of animal fur, but also occurs in humans. These are bugs of various colors - from yellowish to dark brown. Fleas are classified according to the type of host. They are divided into the following types:
- Household: underwear; genitals.
- Others: dogs; cats; chicken; human; rat; land.
Versatile human fleas. They can eat the blood of humans, dogs or cats. In addition, there are species that choose their habitat in the form of carpets, upholstered furniture. Such fleas are called domestic fleas. Earth lice live in the yard, which does not pose a danger to humans, because they do not eat blood. The main danger of fleas is that they carry infectious diseases.
Parasites under the scalp
Subcutaneous parasites often occur in hot tropical countries. Getting rid of it requires more time and effort than staying on the surface of the skin. Under the scalp, wrists, armpits, slits between the fingers, microscopic scabies parasites, cause scabies disease. It eats away at human skin tissue, gnaws its way under the skin and causes unbearable itching. Another dangerous subcutaneous pest is dirofillaria. These parasites grow under the mucous membranes of the eyes, which can damage vision or even make people blind. It is possible to get rid of it only with surgery.
Hair mites or demodex live on human hair and eyelashes. Harms the structure of the scalp and hair, causing excessive hair loss. At first, they feed on dry scales - pieces of dead skin, then get into the follicles and cause serious damage, resulting in hair loss. Mites on the eyelashes provoke the formation of white or yellowish scales between the hairs, as well as their loss. These parasites often cause bright red pimples on the face. For a long time, it may not remind itself, but as the immune system weakens, it will be felt with the above reaction.
Causes of parasites on the human head
Each type of parasite enters the human body from the external environment. Ticks are spread directly from person to person or through infected things. Fleas are brought into homes by pets, transmitted from animal to animal, and also from animal to person and vice versa. Subcutaneous parasites enter the human body along with raw water, as a result of swimming in contaminated bodies of water, from animals, and also through direct contact between humans. Demodex lives in the human body, without causing discomfort and danger, but in the event of deterioration of the quality of skin care, hair, aggressive use of cosmetics, it activates and provokes the very unpleasant symptoms described above.
Head lice treatment
Each type of parasite that lives in the human head requires a specific approach to treatment. Pediculosis is usually treated at home. Use medications intended for this, in the form of sprays, shampoos, creams, emulsions. To choose the appropriate drug from the various types available in stores and pharmacies, you should pay attention to the composition of the drug.
Get rid of fleas
Fleas are the changing inhabitants of the human body. He is always on the move. The parasite, after drinking blood, leaves the body to starve again and begins to look for new prey. Therefore, the habitat of this parasite is more or less the space or hair of the animal. For the treatment of pets, there are many medications sold in pet stores. And to get rid of lice in the house, they use different disinfection methods. They do self -cleaning by buying special tools, or ordering this service in the appropriate service. In addition, keep in mind that if fleas are found on an animal, you should be sure that they have placed the larvae in different parts of the house. Therefore, treating animals alone is not enough. Typically, on -premises disinfection is combined with animal hair treatment.
Expels subcutaneous parasites
In comparison to the skin, parasites under the skin are a much larger nuisance, if not endangering human health. Treating hair for parasites that live under the skin requires a lot of time and effort. This type is difficult in terms of diagnosis, as its symptoms are often thought of as diseases of internal organs. Often, they are removed surgically, but some, for example, scabies mites, are removed with the help of ointments, solutions and other medicines.
Demodex lives harmlessly in the human body so that external conditions give rise to active nutrition and its rapid development. Treatment requires a lot of time, effort and systematic. To overcome this problem, your own efforts are not enough: you can not do it without an experienced dermatologist. After confirming that symptoms indicate demodex, it is advisable to keep:
- medication prescribed by a doctor (in preparation with the addition of sulfur ointments, tar, zinc and mercury);
- antifungal ointment;
- anti-inflammatory ointment;
Beware of demodex drugs! As a rule, these funds are quite toxic. Therefore, they are contraindicated in pregnancy, lactation, kidney and liver disease.
Like treatment, each disease has its own preventive measures. To warn a child against flea disease, it is necessary to teach him to use only combs, hats and not to allow other children to take personal hygiene products. In public places (in cafes, schools, circles), we recommend hanging your outerwear on a regular hanger, having turned it inside out.
For flea prevention on animals, special flea collars for cats and dogs are used. Bathe pets using a preventative shampoo. As for the prevention of fleas in the house, it is enough to keep the house clean. In order not to face the problem of parasites under the skin, you should not drink boiled water, swim in stagnant bodies of water (especially in countries with hot climates), and eat raw meat. And Demodex, as already mentioned, will not pose a problem if you follow the rules of hair and skin hygiene, using appropriate cosmetics.
Symptoms and treatment of intestinal parasites in humans
Intestinal parasites in humans, according to the World Health Organization, claim about 16 million human lives each year. Intestinal parasites or helminths in humans can be identified by disturbances arising in the work of various organs, with changes in appearance.
Types of intestinal parasites in the body
The symptoms of worms are often similar to other diseases. Therefore, it is very important to pass a number of tests for the existence, determination of the type of parasite for its proper removal. The drug chosen depends on the type of helminths.
The main types of worms available:
- Ascaris - up to 40 cm in size. It enters the body through raw water, dirty hands, food. Ascaris eggs that enter the ground can stay there for several years. In the body, ascaris larvae penetrate the intestinal wall, blood, liver, brain, lungs, heart. They exist because of the nutrition of red blood cells, nutrients.
- Toxocara - This parasite is carried by dogs. Toksokara eggs enter the soil along with the movement of the dog’s intestines; lived on the ground for several years. They enter the body through dirty hands, for example, when children play on the ground or sand. Upon entering the body, the toxocara develops and lives without prominence. In length, an adult grows up to 30 cm.
- Pinworm is the most common worm in children, 1 cm long. Lives in the small and large intestines; reproduce by coming out through the anus at night. Laying eggs on bed linen, linen, skin folds. Eggs cook after 5 hours and re -enter the body through dirty hands, dust, laundry, toys.
- Broad tapeworms - adult individuals reach a length of 10 m, can live in a person up to 25 years. It enters the body along with its raw or unprocessed fish and caviar.
- Echinococcus and alveococcus are carried by animal carriers. Inside the body, they find themselves through vegetables, fruits, greens, raw water that is not washed well.
- Pig and cow tapeworm (tapeworm) - its name refers to the carrier of this parasite. You can be infected through meat products, meat and undercooked meat. The length of the cow tapeworm is 7 m, the length of the pig tapeworm is 2 m. Lifespan up to 20 years.
- Worms - infections occur mainly on the skin when walking barefoot.
- Vlasoglav is an intestinal parasite that enters the body through dirty hands, living in the intestinal mucosa and blood.
- Giardia-is mainly observed in children's bodies, getting there through dirty hands, toys, household items. They reproduce rapidly.
Signs of helminths
Parasites in the human intestine lead an active lifestyle. Their presence causes certain symptoms.
- Diarrhea: Worms produce substances that provoke diarrhea in the intestines.
- Constipation: Worms can block organs due to their size and congestion. Helminthic invasion blocks the bile and intestinal tract.
- Intestinal irritation, bloating, gas - products of parasitic activity cause inflammation, irritate the intestinal mucosa. Nutrients included with food are poorly absorbed or not at all. Fat enters the large intestine instead of the small intestine. This causes cramps, excessive gas and bloating.
- Allergies are triggered by the release of toxins from helminths. The body begins to produce intensive protective substances against toxins - eosinophils, their excessive production and leading to allergies.
- Skin changes: possible acne rash, itching, sores, eczema, boils. Cracks form in the heel, and the nails become brittle. Dandruff appears on the hair.
- Joint and muscle pain occurs when certain types of worms travel throughout the body in search of suitable organs or tissues for their existence. When they find a good place and settle it, then a similar pain appears.
- Weight loss or overweight: weight loss occurs as a result of decreased appetite and digestion; overweight arises from a sudden drop in blood sugar levels, which is why feelings of hunger are always haunted.
- Persistent fatigue is accompanied by apathy, rapid fatigue, decreased concentration and memory.
- Lack of immunity: the body cannot withstand infectious diseases and colds.
- Anemia occurs because some types of worms attach to the intestinal mucosa and absorb useful substances from it.
- Nerves - it is caused by toxic waste from the vital activity of worms, which irritates the central nervous system. Sleep is disturbed, irritability, depression appears, in a dream a person moves his teeth.
- Respiratory tract diseases: if the penetration of worms into the respiratory organs, body temperature may rise, runny nose worried; in severe cases, pneumonia and asthma develop.
Determination of the presence of worms
To determine the presence, type of parasite, the doctor prescribes the delivery of the test in stages. Stool analysis was collected and sent several times.
In addition, scrap is often taken from the anal area. In some cases, x-rays with barium are prescribed. Preferably the test is done by each family member.
Treatment for parasites and worms
If there is confirmation of the presence of parasites in the body, after knowing the type and type of worms present, the doctor prescribes treatment in various ways. This can be a dosage form, moreover, alternative medicine - the use of herbs - will serve as a good helper.
The process of removing worms can be conditionally divided into several stages.
- The first is to prepare the body for elimination. It needs to clean the intestines, liver, bile ducts.
- The second stage is the direct removal of parasites.
- Third - recovery after treatment of the immune system, organ damage, strengthening of general well -being.
Medicines are prescribed to get rid of helminths such as ringworms, toxocaras, cream worms. Many of them have a broad effect, so that they can be used to fight a number of parasites. You can also perform additional cleansing procedures with traditional medicine using herbal ingredients: celandine, tansy, pomegranate peel, cardamom, cinnamon, ginger, wormwood, elecampane, garlic, wild rosemary, pumpkin seeds and other ingredients. For example, wild rosemary and celandine are drunk from lamblia; elecampane - from parasites that live in the digestive organs, lungs, blood; pomegranate skin - from cream worms and ringworm; pumpkin seeds - from cream worms; cinnamon, ginger and cardamom are good preventive antelmintic plants. Usually they take the ingredient ingredients from herbal ingredients, herbal preparations.
Adhere to diet during treatment
It is recommended to take care of the body by following a diet during treatment. The diet must contain juices, dairy products, fruits, foods with fiber, carrots, beets, garlic. Be sure to drink more fluids. Along the way, taking medications that contain food enzymes will help the gastrointestinal tract function normally; with probiotic content (bifidobacteria) - to restore beneficial microflora in the intestine. Also recommended to take vitamin C, zinc.
To avoid the risk of being infected with worms, you need to follow simple hygiene rules. From the cause of the infection, it is clear that many types of parasites enter the body through unwashed hands.
So make sure you wash your hands with soap and water, especially after walking, being outside, after using the toilet, before eating, etc.
Also, you need to clean your living space regularly, if you have pets, you should give them anti-mucosal preparations regularly, and do additional disinfection. Proper nutrition, drinking boiled water also plays an important role. Don't buy quality products.
For preventive purposes, you can take antelmintic medication if there are pets in the house, if his place of residence is a village, a village. Taking medication is also recommended if there is contact between children with each other (kindergarten, school); if you often have to go abroad or go to nature for relaxation, fishing, hunting, etc.
For continuous monitoring of a healthy body condition, it is recommended to perform tests to check for the possibility of parasites at certain times. The most important condition for protecting the body from the introduction of intestinal parasites is maintaining cleanliness, hygiene, order.