The signs of worms are not always evident and, sometimes, are similar with symptoms of other diseases. In the initial phase it is very difficult to compose the clinical picture, because the specific signs of helminthiasis does not. Worm infestation – a common disease, whose cause is the penetration of an organism of parasites. They have a high degree of survival and are able to live in any part of the human body. About ¼ of the population suffers from lose infestations, and 50% of humanity are carriers of parasites infection. About 200 species of worms that strike the human body, and incorrect diagnosis can lead to an increase in the population of parasites and its rapid dissemination throughout the body.
What is worm infestation?
Worm infestation is a set of diseases that develop in the human body after the defeat of the worms. They penetrate into the body and cling to the walls of the intestine. Thus, they feed on minerals which exist in the human body through the blood. In the process of life of helminths dump toxic waste that poison the body and accumulate in organs. Some representatives do not represent a threat to the man, other – contribute to the intoxication of the body and compromise the functional systems. The incubation period for worm infestation is 10 days.
During this time, the parasites enter in the human body and settled in it. In the initial phase of helmintíasea accurately diagnose the infection is almost impossible, because helminths hide behind symptoms of other diseases. If time does not diagnose the disease, the number of parasites, can reach a critical point.
Worms are able to survive in any part of the body and surprise important organs: intestines, kidneys, liver, lungs, heart and brain. In some cases, correct, accurate and timely diagnosis worm infestations can save a life.
The cause of a non-commercial
Conventionally, we highlight 4 of the form of penetration of worms in the human body:
- Geo infestation. Parasites drop from the soil and water. Eggs of helminths fall on the ground with the feces of animals or people. The origin of the eggs of parasites are flies, which carry at their ends the infection with the stool of food.
- The method of contact. This is a common way of infection in which the parasites are transmitted from person to person and from animal to man.
- Bio infestation. The method of penetration of worms through the ingestion of raw meat.
- Through the bite of the insect.
Adult worms, getting acclimatized only in the case of re-infection. This means that the signs of the disease may not manifest itself during the first infection. By following simple rules of hygiene and preventive care methods, you can get rid of the worms without treatment. This comes about a month after the penetration of the worm eggs. In the case of a new infection, the risk of development of worms is 80%.
What are the different types of worms?
There are more than 200 types of worm infestations. Some of them do not represent a threat, others – are a danger to life. Conditional modern parasitology allocates 2 groups:
- Tissue worms live in a person's body, preferably in tissues of internal organs.
- Abdominal helminths – live in your stomach, your habitat is the most thin and thick intestine.
The degree of infestation and injuries of the human body because of the amount of worms that are trapped in the body. Sighting-purposes expressed in the integrated system symptoms, which is typical for such types:
- The roundworm. The most common are worms, microbes in man. They enter the body through food and water and are transmitted all kinds of ways. The characteristic of this type of parasites is the defeat of the mucous membrane of the intestine, bile duct and lung.
- Pinworms. This type of worms reaches the rectum. Characteristic of this is the itching the anal. When you brush there is a risk of penetration of worms under the nails, the threat of re-infection.
- Worms. This is one of the greatest representatives of helminths. They penetrate the body through the ingestion of half-baked meat, and parasitic in the large intestine.
- Trichinella. They appear in the body of the lack of heat treatment of meat, or after contact with pets. They penetrate into the body via the circulatory system and surprise all the tissues of the muscles.
The signs of the presence of intestinal worms
Signs of disease usually occur after 2 weeks of incubation period. But the signs may appear before, if the number of worm infestations, trapped in the body, does not lend itself to eliminate in the natural way. The first, which begins to deal with the by worms is the immunity. He builds barrier protection, which is designed to reduce the risk of presence and clear the body. In the case of immunity could not cope with parasites, stick to the tissues in your body and turn into adults. In the process of life, they release toxins that poison the body and manifest themselves in the form of:
- the decreased or increased appetite;
- abdominal pain in the region of the stomach;
If the time to listen to your body and pay attention to the first signs, then the duration of the presence worm invasion can be reduced to a minimum. Helminths can parasite in the tissues of the breast in women that manifests itself in the form of hypodermic formations of medium density, similar, with tumors.
The symptoms of infection by worms
Adult worms appear quite often, but due to the low concentration of success eliminated from the body. Coming from the location, the parasites affect the functionality of the organs and cause pain. The characteristic symptoms for the diagnosis of helmintíasea are abdominal pain and anal itching. The first symptoms may occur after an infectious disease or colds due to weakening of the body.
But helminths can dwell not only in the stomach, therefore, the following symptoms may also indicate the presence of worms in the body:
- Constipation. Overpopulation of parasites are localized in the lumen of the intestine and make it difficult defecation.
- Diarrhea. Worms, release a substance that softens the faecal mass, which stimulates the natural peristaltic action of the bowel.
- Flatulence. Excess flatulence is a consequence of the life of a parasite.
- The irritable bowel syndrome. Disease in the intestine, helminths stick to the mucosa, causing an inflammatory process, which can reflect on the regularity of a chair, or skin rashes.
- Muscle aches and pains. Some species are parasites in the muscle tissues, fulminando them and causing pain.
- An allergic reaction. The emergence of allergies due to the rejection of the body of parasites and the release of cells that fight infection inflammatory.
- The skin eruptions. The worms suck the body of a large part of the nutrients, which causes the deterioration of the skin, hair and nails.
- The loss of weight. The majority of nutrients is absorbed by the pest, it occurs the natural burning of stock. You can also experience a decrease in appetite, increase in abdominal size.
- The sleep disorders. During sleep occurs the purification of the organism against toxic substances, allocated to worms, which is accompanied by unpleasant sensations.
- The chronic fatigue syndrome. All the nutrients are absorbed from pests, and the lack of vitamins and trace elements causes apathy and depressive state.
- Violations of immune responses. The immunity constantly battling with parasites, it weakens and renders the virus attacks. In the midst of the pathologies immunity begins the allergy products before, such a reaction not to shoot.
Adult worms manifest themselves in different symptoms. Signs of worm infestations are accompanied by a defeat of organs and tissues and, consequently, appear sensations of pain and discomfort at the site of potential habitat intestinal worms. Exclusively to diagnose the presence of parasites is possible only after the exams.
Accurately diagnose the presence of parasites can be through a special study. Such a procedure implies the examination of the feces for the presence of eggs of helminths. Stool examinations, they allow to identify the worms using this method, the more frequently than the other methods, but is not always effective way of diagnosing a pathology, since helminths, sometimes, they do not lay eggs. To achieve the greatest impact is used histological examination of the stool. The essence of this method consists in analyzing cala in the court, which increases the possibility of revealing the infection in the initial phase. The most effective methods of diagnosis refers to the analysis of blood. When helmintíasee parasites stand out in the blood of toxins that affect the internal organs. For the diagnosis are also used for x-ray analyses and the implications for the analyses of the rectum.
The treatment helmintíasea
There are many medications against intestinal worms. They are directed to the destruction, not only the adults, but the eggs. The treatment for worms must be programmed after the diagnosis of the causal agent. In this case, the treatment will be more efficient. Before you start the treatment, you should consult your doctor. This is because some medicines against intestinal worms is very toxic, and improper treatment or overdose can affect the liver.
Before you start the treatment, it is necessary to define the type of worm invasion. The treatment it is necessary to perform, in conjunction with the acquisition of anti-histamines. To avoid the need of treatment, observing the rules of personal hygiene. Start the treatment can be with changes in the diet, such as worms sharply react to products with a bitter taste. In some cases, the treatment involves cleaning out the colon enema. Self-medication can aggravate the leak of pathology and contribute to the intoxication of the body.